Tuesday, May 12, 2015

TOTW - The Year 2013



Here's the second edition of the TOTW Yearly Reviews! This time we're looking into the tandas posted in the year 2013.

I split the tandas into two groups: The traditional and the not as traditional tandas. As you may have noticed the blog is not only about the theory of constructing perfect traditional tango tandas but there's also space for more variety and sometimes I want to simply showcase a certain orchestra and their music. I hope this list will help you to explore, find your favorites and especially for the beginning DJ's to understand styles of tango music better. Often the definitions of what is or is not traditional vary slightly and there's some music that is borderline this or the other. However after a quick look, I believe the way I have split the tandas will satisfy most dancers, DJ's and the tango police.

I will later do a similar post for the previous years as well.

Have a look at the review of TOTW - The Year 2014.

Enjoy!

- DJ Antti Suniala



THE TRADITIONAL


THE NOT AS TRADITIONAL

1 kommenttia:

  1. I like the fact that you have categorised the tandas. Had you considered categorising each tanda at the time of posting?

    ReplyDelete